Selecting Natural Stone
& Solid Surface Products
Selection and project process
At PSD we want your experience of purchasing a Natural Stone or Solid Surface project to be enjoyable and as simple and easy as possible.
These are the typical order of events and steps that occur in the process of selecting the products for your home or business.
- We will provide you with a no obligation, free estimate based on a drawing provided by you. You can click on the Free Estimate tab to download our design grid sheet or you can send us a drawing provided by your cabinet maker or contractor. You are always welcome to contact us at any time with any questions you may have as well.
- Once we receive the drawings from you, we will provide you with an estimate. The estimate we present to you will be based on using a price level 1 Natural Stone or Quartz product.
- After we provide you with an estimate, we will contact you to see if you have any questions and we will assist you in the material selection process. We have a several material suppliers throughout the state that we work with. For smaller projects we have many remnant options available at a reduced cost. We would encourage you to schedule an appointment to select and reserve the actual material that will be used in your project. You can click on the supplier links on this page if you wish to view the available material options.
- Once you select the materials that will be used on your project, we will schedule a detailed on-site field measure. Premier Stone Design uses the latest in laser technology to insure the best fit possible. It is important to know the material that is going to be used on your project when we do the field templating. There are many different slab sizes and color patterns that need to be considered when designing the fit and flow of the project. All new cabinets need to be installed at the time of the field measure. We can measure on existing cabinets using laser technology even if the old tops are still in place. New sinks, faucet types, cooktop/stove install spec sheets and any other item requiring a hole or cutout needs to be on site at the time of the field measure.
- At the time of the field measure we will discuss with you, the details such as faucet placement, seam locations, corner radiuses, etc. in order to insure your project is fabricated to your expectations and requirements.
- After the field measure is completed, an installation date will be set up and scheduled. We will also inform you of any items that need to be addressed before we deliver and install your project, in order to insure a smooth installation.
Check Out Our Stone & Quartz Suppliers
Amsum and Ash